Wednesday, February 20, 2008

My Unsolicited Advice Story

Let me just start off by saying I love my grandmother more than anything, but I think she may have been crazy when she gave me this advice. As if 14 hours of labor was not enough to produce a beautiful 10 pound baby girl, yes 10 pounds, I had to faint after delivery and have a blood transfusion. Go figure, never would have guessed that was part of the delivery plan. The only way my doctor would release me from the hospital was if I had someone to take care of me 24/7. So yes, you guessed it I had to stay at my grandparents home. My grandmother god bless her had 11 children and has been married to my grandfather for 150 years or more (sarcastic) so she is to say the least old school. If the blood transfusion was not enough I caught the flu and could not keep a darn thing down not even water. I was lethargic and weak not to mention hungry, so how I was suppose to care for a 10 pound baby was a mystery to me. I could barely walk yet alone hold a 10 pound baby. As I lay in bed my grandmother continued to pounce in the room daily and tell me I need to make myself get better, I had a baby that I needed to take care of. She continued with the fact that she had 11 children and had no help at all, and after the birth of each one was right back at motherhood with no rest or help. Did I mention this was daily. Now of course I'm already not seeing my beautiful daughter and feeling horrible about that, but then there is my grandmother yelling at me daily. About two weeks went by and I finally got better and took my daughther home. The sad part is I was right back at grandmas house because well grandmas know best and I did actually need her advice on the whole days and nights mixed up situation.
Okay, I gave you my story so what yours?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i had a ten pound baby boy. i know how it feels.

everyone keeps advising me to go seea nutritionist. my babys overwieght. he's now 2 months and 16 pounds. he was born a big baby and he will stay a big baby until he can walk it off.

bwalleshauser@yahoo.com